COVID-19 Information Centre
Update from the General Manager (Friday 29th May, 2020):
We are overjoyed that the STARplex Fitness Centre including Indoor Group Fitness and Aqua Fitness classes will be re-opening on Monday 1st June as per the most recent Step 2 announcement by the Premier.
Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of our members, community and staff.
Therefore, under the current restrictions it is important to note that we are only able to have up to 20 people in each individual room. The gym floor is capped at 20, Indoor Fitness classes are capped at 10 and while individual pools can have up to 20 people, Lap Swimming is strictly one per lane.
As you can understand, with only a small number of people allowed in STARplex at any one point in time, it will be a different experience.
The key changes that you need to know:
- All memberships will remain on suspension during this period. Instead, there will be a small fee applicable for each visit. This means that if you do not wish to attend, there is no action required and you will not be charged.
- Gym and Pool access: $5.00
- Group Fitness and Aqua Fitness $7.50
- Every visit that you make must be booked and paid online in advance. If you haven’t booked and paid online you will not be permitted to enter the Gym, Group Fitness classes or the Swim Centre.
- Bookings for each session will open at 9am, 3 days prior to the scheduled session. Sessions lengths will be as follows:
- Gym – 90 mins
- Creche – 90 mins
- Swim Centre – 50 mins
- Group Fitness – 30, 45 and 60 mins
- Aqua Fitness – 45 mins
- Session times will be strictly adhered to as we are completing regular cleaning and disinfecting between each session.
- There will be multiple entrances to the centre. Please refer to the zone maps via the below links to see where you should enter for your chosen session / class.
- If you arrive early for your Gym or Swimming session please do not enter the centre until 5 minutes prior to its commencement to ensure the group before you has vacated the facility.
- Group Fitness attendees should wait outside of their allocated entrance and not enter the facility until instructed to do so by staff.
- There will be no access to showers and change rooms. (Toilets will be open)
- Personal Training will be available.
We will be doing our best to make this as smooth as possible for everyone, so please be understanding as we settle in.
It is important that all visitors work closely with us. Please follow the General Information and FAQs link below and ensure you familiarise yourself with the guidelines prior to your visit.
STARplex General Manager