The Hewitson Theatre at STARplex is a large, multi-purpose 1,200 seat capacity facility with air-conditioning, proscenium-arch stage and dressing room.
With the flexible seating arrangement, a wide range of productions, functions and conferences can be accommodated including:
- conventions and seminars
- drama and musical performances
- cabaret shows
- dance and youth theatre
- graduations and presentation nights
- exhibitions and trade fairs
- business and social functions
The Hewitson Theatre offers:
- Digital (Allen & Heath iLive) control system
- EAW & Powersoft systems
- Various Microphones, Cables & Accessories
- LSC Maxim control system
- LED fixtures (profiles & washes)
- Incandescent fixtures (profiles, fresnels, washes & cyc units)
- Data Projection (2 x Epson 5,000 lumens) – two x 3.5m screens either side of the stage
- Raised, Proscenium-Arch stage (17m x 7m approx)
- Stage Apron
- Black FOH Curtain & Rear-Wall Curtain
- Staging items
- Flexible, Multi-Purpose room, with various seating arrangements
- Mid-room retractable dividing Curtain
- Permanent Dance Floor
- Large Dressing Room with mirrors
- Male & Female toilets
The Hewitson Theatre, along with other areas of STARplex, hosts a number of different events, programs, productions and shows throughout the year. To find out what’s coming soon see our events page.
A variety of catering packages are available to suit your function needs. The Avenue Café offers finger food packages and platters, with external caterers engaged for larger functions or sit-down meals. The Hewitson Theatre – STARplex is an unlicensed premise; however a limited liquor license can be obtained and bar provided if required for your function.
For further information, to tour or hire the Hewiston Theatre or smaller Conference Room (upstairs), please phone STARplex on 8522 0622 or email email@example.com.